Happy Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday season is going well. I have been looking for Holiday reading recommendations to share and new holiday reads for myself as well. Although I have read a few of these, several are new recommendations to me too from my amazing sister! So without further ado, Let’s look at the books!!
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray. This is the second book in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy and I do recommend reading the first one first, this second book takes place during the Christmas season!
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. This is a cute contemporary Christmas romance story and I very much enjoyed it. Dash and Lily are very cute and have an enjoyable adventure together. I would definitely recommend checking it out for a quick Christmas read!
- Hunted by Megan Spooner. This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling but when I initially read the novel, it gave me such winter vibes, I thought it would be a fun one to read around the Christmas season. I do plan on doing a Winter Reads list, so maybe it’s more appropriate to list there, but sometimes I enjoy a good Beauty and the Beast novel around Christmas.
Christmas Recommendations I haven’t read yet:
So as I said, some of these are new discoveries for myself this year. Although I cannot give an opinion on whether or not these books are any good myself. I will state if they were recommended to me or if they are ones I am just hoping to check out. You may even find that they were some of the same ones listed on my December TBR post:
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie. This is a recommendation from my wonderful sister who loves Agatha Christie’s novels. I can’t give an opinion on it yet myself but I know she loves it and has excellent taste in classics.
- The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding by Agatha Christie. Another recommendation from my lovely sister.
- What Light by Jay Asher. I have heard mixed things about this one. I hope it ends up being one that I enjoy but I am not sure. We will see.
- My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins. I have heard some great things about this book and the stories it holds. Hopefully, I enjoy it when I get to it.
So hopefully I have some good recommendations for you here and for me as well. If and when I get a chance to check these out (the ones on my TBR for this year at least) I will hopefully get a chance to review them and let you know what my thoughts are.
If you have read any of these and found that you liked them or didn’t, let me know! I’d love to get your thoughts and opinions on these novels!
Merry Christmas everyone!!